Citizen Science Activities – Pontrhydfendigaid Village Hall, Wales
April 1 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
SAVE THE DATE!
Join CUPHAT to try some Citizen Science activities!
Events are being held in both Tinahely, in the Wicklow Mountains of Ireland and in Pontrhydfendigaid, in the Cambrian Mountains of Wales. They’re free and open to all! Refreshments will be available all day.
Pontrhydfendigaid, Cambrian Mountains, Wales
All day activities
- DNA analysis! Bring in lichen/fungi from your garden in a plastic bag and we’ll help identify it (Please wear gloves when collecting your sample)
- Freshwater invertebrates in your local streams
- How Citizen Science Apps can help record pollution and river flows
- The team from Mapio Cymru about placename recording
- Sarah Purdon, Mid Wales Red Squirrel Officer
|10:00||An introduction to Citizen Science|
|10:30||Bioblitz Event! Identify and record local flora and fauna (including using the DNA analysis kit)|
|12:00||Mapio Cymru Placename Preservation (will also be live-streamed via Teams)|
|13:30||Field trip to Coed y Bont to learn about Red Squirrels|
|15:00||Using LiDAR to record local archaeology|
Click here to register!
For activities leaving the venue, please meet at the designated times outside the Village Hall.
Please ensure that you wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather conditions (walking boots or wellies recommended), bring water and snacks, and let us know of any medical requirements.